SportX Connect Series
We hosted 7 SportX Connect events that brought together Queensland’s SportsTech community. Guests heard from world-class speakers, gained industry insights and formed valuable business connections.
The events explored untapped SportsTech opportunities, global trends, impact of technology on the business of sport, and strategies to help fuel business growth. Keynote addresses were provided by:
- Playbk Sports
- Rowland Sport
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland
- Dr David Martin
- Pat Howard
- Business Chamber Queensland
- Sprint Ventures
- Gold Coast based sporting organisations.
View the SportX Connect YouTube playlist.
SportXccelerating Growth Program
With a ‘stay local, go global’ objective, the SportXccelerating Growth Pilot Program supported five innovative Queensland-based companies that are providing cutting-edge Sports Technology solutions. The program helped fast-track their businesses in developing global export plans and establishing valuable international business connections.
Over a twelve-week period, the participants received mentoring sessions with seasoned entrepreneurs and business coaches. The selected companies included:
- Chicks Who Ride Bikes - an app-based grassroots community that connects female cyclists across Australia and the globe.
- Neuphoria - wearable brain frequency sensing headwear that provides real-time audio and visual feedback to athletes and coaches.
- iNSPiRETEK - an integrated technology platform offering mental health and wellbeing tools, support and data analytics for athletes and organisations.
- Teampay - an app where players and local sporting organisations can make and receive payments through a secure platform.
- Valor Esports - a game training platform that uses high-performance sports coaching to change the way players practice competitive gaming.
SportX Big Ideas Challenge
In partnership with Future Anything, the SportX Big Ideas Challenge hosted three workshops across Queensland engaging over 350 high school students from 17 schools.
With input from SportsTech gurus and mentors, students were inspired to pitch their own innovative solutions using sports technology to tackle a key sport or community challenge.
Last updated: 10 Jan 2023